Fruit Salad with Cannoli Cream
1/3 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup whipping cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
Pinch ground cinnamon
12 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled, quartered (about 2 1/2 cups)
1/2 dry pint fresh raspberries (about 1 1/4 cups)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 kiwi, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Stir the ricotta and 2 tablespoons of cream in a medium bowl to blend.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the remaining 1/3 cup of cream, powdered sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl until semi-firm peaks form.
- Fold the ricotta into the whipped cream.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to stiffen and yield a creamier filling.
- Toss the strawberries, raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a medium bowl to combine.
- Let stand until juices form, tossing occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Add the kiwi.
- Spoon the fruit mixture into dessert bowls.
- Dollop the ricotta cream atop the fruit.
- Sprinkle with the almonds and serve.